Cheltenham Osteopathic and Sports Therapy Clinic has been in operation since 2000.
With over 15 years experience, COAST has established itself as a prominent business in the Cheltenham area and now has six Osteopaths, a Massage Therapist, a Myotherapist and a Exercise Physiologist working within the clinic.
Your Osteopath at Cheltenham Coast Osteopathic Clinic can assess and treat many complaints that are associated with pregnancy, lower back pain, sciatica, asthma, headache, jaw pain and sports injuries plus much more.
We also offer remedial and therapeutic Massage treatments, Myotherapy and Exercise Physiology including One-to-One Personal Training sessions.
If you would like an appointment,
call us on 9583 1334 or
We are located at
24 Station Road Cheltenham VIC 3192
The modern roots of Osteopathy date back to 1872. Dr. A.T Still, a Physician, believed the body was created as a harmonious. The first Osteopaths came to Australia in 1908 from the U.S.A.
Osteopathy is a manual medicine that focuses on the treatment of the physical body, the joints, muscles and connective tissue with a variety of ‘hands on’ techniques such as deep tissue massage, stretching, dry needling and manipulation.
Osteopathic treatment looks at your whole body–structurally, functionally and mechanically– to develop a complete picture of your condition.
Osteopaths can offer you advice on stretching and posture. They can develop strengthening exercises and give advice on work place posture to assist in injury prevention.
Osteopaths are Government Registered practitioners of manual medicine. They study for five years full time and complete a Bachelor and Masters degree.
Osteopaths are also required by their governing body (Australian Osteopathic Association) to undertake continuing professional development training throughout their career.
We allow 45 minutes to 1 hour for your first visit as we take a thorough case history (if you have any current x-rays or scans please bring them with you) and perform a physical examination to establish the nature of your complaint and the history of your problem.
Subsequent treatments are 30mins long.
All treatments are one on one and predominately use hands on techniques to treat your complaint. We can use a wide variety of techniques such as:
- Soft tissue (Massage) and Stretching - Gentle to firm hands on massage aimed at releasing muscle tension
- Muscle Energy Techniques - Involves gentle muscle contraction & practitioner applied stretches to increase joint mobility & muscle length
- Articulation - Small rhythmic joint movements to increase joint range of movement
- Counterstrain techniques - Joints & muscles are held in a position of ease to reduce muscular pain
- Joint Manipulation - A direct & specific movement applied to a joint with minimum force that often produces a 'click'. This technique aims to instantly improve joint range of movement and ease muscular tension
You will also be given stretches and exercises to perform to help you manage your problem at home.
If required, we can refer for further investigations such as x-rays and MRI. .
The only time you will need a referral from your treating doctor is in the case of the Veteran's Affairs scheme, Workcover and Enhanced Primary Care.
If you wish to claim under these schemes please consult your doctor.
Patients with chronic, complex conditions may be referred by their General Practitioner for Osteopathic treatment through Medicare under an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan.
- Subsequent (30 Mins) $80
- Subsequent (30 Mins) $70
Other COAST Services
Pilates and Mobility Classes
- Mat Pilates Class (45 Mins) $25
- or 10 Classes for $180
- Senior Mobility & Strength (30 Mins) $8.50
- Standard Osteopathic Consultation 30 minutes ($78) plus Shockwave ($25)
- Short Consultation 15 minutes ($45) plus Shockwave ($25)
Payments can be made by EFTPOS, Credit Card or Cash on the day of the treatment
Note: 24 hours notice of cancellation is required or you may be charged the full consultation fee
*Exercise Physiology is covered with most Private Health Insurance companies and Medicare rebates are available with a Doctors referral for eligible patients under the Chronic Disease Management program.